- Budget Preparation Guidelines
- FAQs and Manuals
- Fee-For-Service Guidelines
- Flowchart (PDF)
- Funding Opportunities
- GoldSheet Definitions
- GoldSheet Research Categories
- Institutional Information for Proposal Submissions
- Participant Support Costs - ISU Guidance (PDF)
- PI Transfer Process
- Proposal Submission Guidelines
- Sponsor Requirements
- OMB Uniform Guidance
- Request an MTA or CDA
- Contact Us
- How do I get registered in Liquid Office so I can route a GoldSheet?
- What is my Login ID/Username for Liquid Office?
- How do I change my password?
- What if I forget my password?
- How does a PI or Co-PI approve the GoldSheet?
- How do I edit my profile (i.e. change Department/Center/Institute/Extension Unit name)?
- How do I get to Liquid Office or the GoldSheet Manual?
- How do I know who to route the GoldSheet to?
- What if a PI or Co-PI has a split appointment?
- How do I track the form?
- What do I do with forms that need an ink authorized university signature?
- Can attachments be added by Co-PIs and approvers?
- What type of attachments can I add?
- Why don't I have to route the form to OSPA?
- To originate a GoldSheet, which GoldSheet do I choose from the GoldSheet folder?
- When I enter my name as the PI, why doesn't the form automatically fill in my Department/Center/Institute/Extension Unit and RRC info on the routing section of the form?
- I am using animals, humans, recombinant DNA and/or Radioactive Materials, but I don’t have approval yet. What do I fill out in the compliance section?
- There is no Incentive return on this proposal, what do I put in the % of PI incentive box in the routing section of the form?
- I am an originator and I am also an approver in a Work Queue. When do I use my "Inbox" or my "Work Queue"?
- My Department/Center/Institute/Extension Unit rejected my GoldSheet, now what do I do?
- What if only minor changes need to be made to the GoldSheet after the PI has signed it?
- What if I forgot a Department or RRC in the routing section of the GoldSheet?
Your Username is the same as the prefix of your university email address. For example, if your university email address is email@example.com, your Username is "cyclone".
You can go to the "My Profile" tab and then click on the "Password" button on the following screen.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 515-294-5225 to request a password reset.
Please contact your Pre-Award Administrator or send an e-mail to email@example.com if you need to make changes to your profile.
There are Quick Links on the right side of the OSPA homepage. Click the GoldSheet login quick link to access Liquid Office. The GoldSheet Manual is available on the OSPA web page under Tools.
You should route it to the PI, (if you are not the PI), all Co-PIs, and all associated Department/Center/Institute/Extension Unit and RRC Work Queues. Remember the PI and Co-PIs could have different Departments/Centers/Institutes/Extension Units and RRCs, and you must include all of them. If a center or institute needs to sign the GoldSheet you should select that under the Department/Center/Institute/Extension Unit Approvers section of the GoldSheet.
If more than one Department/Center/Institute/Extension Unit or RRC needs to sign the GoldSheet, include each of them in the appropriate section of the GoldSheet (page 3).
Log in to the GoldSheet system and click on the Folders tab, then click on GoldSheet_Status, and the status form will come up. Put in the GoldSheet ID number (i.e. 129123) in the first box, tab out, and it will show who has approved the GoldSheet and its current location in the routing process.
If only an OSPA signature is needed, attach the form to the GoldSheet, and put a note in the "Notes to OSPA" box on page 4. If it needs other signatures first (PI and/or Co-PIs), then the paper copy will need to be sent to the OSPA office after the other signatures have been obtained. Please make sure that the GoldSheet ID number is attached to the document to be signed so OSPA staff can match it up with the GoldSheet. When the GoldSheet has been signed electronically, the PI will receive an email notification that the GoldSheet has been completed. OSPA staff will notify the PI or a designee when the signed documents are ready to be picked up in the OSPA office.
Yes, click on the "View/Add Attachments" button (in the Signature and Submit section). At the top of the new page you can add all necessary documents. When all attachments have been added, click on "Finish" which will add your attachments and take you back to the GoldSheet. Do NOT click the browser’s "Back" button.
The system works best with Word, Excel, PDF, GIF, JPG, RTF, TIFF, and TXT.
The GoldSheet has been designed to route automatically to OSPA.
Choose "GoldSheet_Start" to start a new GoldSheet.
When I enter my name as the PI, why doesn't the form automatically fill in my Department/Center/Institute/Extension Unit and RRC info on the routing section of the form?
The form is not designed for auto-fills in the routing sections. You must manually select the PI’s and Co-PIs’ work queues for routing.
I am using animals, humans, recombinant DNA and/or Radioactive Materials, but I don’t have approval yet. What do I fill out in the compliance section?
If you say "Yes" to one of the compliance questions and do not yet have a Log Number and date, click the Pending box.
There is no Incentive return on this proposal, what do I put in the % of PI incentive box in the routing section of the form?
The incentive must add up to 15% for the form to route, so fill that box out so it sums to 15%. If there are no indirect costs budgeted, there will be no Incentive funds to distribute.
I am an originator and I am also an approver in a Work Queue. When do I use my "Inbox" or my "Work Queue"?
As the originator you will receive the GoldSheet form in your "Inbox" after the PI electronically signs it. This is simply your notification. When the GoldSheet needs to be signed by your Department/Center/Institute/Extension Unit or RRC, you will click on the "Work Queue" tab on the toolbar and click on your Work Queue's name. The form(s) will be there. Click on the form you want to review and electronically sign. After you have reviewed the GoldSheet and attachments, go to the signature section in the GoldSheet form and click the gray Signature button, and then choose submit and click the Go button. The form will then route to the next approver.
The form will come back to the PI. This GoldSheet can't be edited. You will need to create a new GoldSheet. Sign the GoldSheet and it will begin routing. It will have to go through the full routing again. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to have the rejected GoldSheet deleted from your inbox.
All Co-PIs and approvers have the option to reject the GoldSheet. However, they can also add files and notes. So if minor changes need to be made to text, etc., simply put a note in the "Notes to OSPA" box regarding the change to be made and OSPA will make those changes when they receive the GoldSheet. If budgets need to be revised, simply upload the new version and add a note to OSPA about the changes and the name of the most recent file.
GoldSheets missing co-investigators, departments or RRC units cannot be processed. If the GoldSheet reaches OSPA, the PI will be contacted and asked to route a new GoldSheet with complete information. Departments and colleges may also request a revised GoldSheet if a routing mistake is noticed prior to the GoldSheet reaching OSPA. Once the revised GoldSheet is routed, please contact your Pre-Award Administrator to delete the original GoldSheet.