OMB Uniform Guidance
The Office of Management and Budget, on December 26, 2013, published in the Federal Register the “Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards; Final Rule ("Uniform Guidance"), 2 CFR Chapter I, Chapter II, Part 200.
The Uniform Guidance (UG) will supersede federal requirements set forth in OMB Circulars A-21, A-110, and A-133. The UG has an effective date of December 26th, 2014, with exceptions for the audit and procurement requirements, which are scheduled to be effective the first fiscal year that begins after December 26, 2014. Each federal agency has been charged with developing its own UG implementation plan and submitting that plan. Each agency will publish a final UG implementation plan which will require assessment and analysis.
STEERING COMMITTEE AND WORK GROUPS
In preparation for the December 26th, 2014 implementation date, ISU administrators created a UG steering committee and several work groups.
The steering committee was developed to assist in institutional decision-making by understanding the UG (and the related agency implementations of the UG), and by reviewing the various work group recommendations for ISU changes to policies, guidelines and practices. Recommendations will be submitted to EVPP, VPBF and VPR for approval.
The work groups are responsible for:
- Determining the impact of the new regulations to existing ISU policies, procedures and processes,
- Identifying potential policy revisions, if needed, and
- Recommending implementation strategies to ISU Senior Administrators.
A training schedule and materials will be forthcoming.
Steering Committee Chair : Becky Musselman
- Lead: Jamy Rentschler
Conflict of Interest
- Lead: Brooke Langlitz
- Lead: Becky Musselman
- Lead: Andrea Rich
Postaward and Property
- Lead: Becky Musselman
- Lead: Nancy Brooks
- Lead: John Gilmour
UNIFORM GUIDANCE AND KEY DOCUMENTS
- 2 CFR Part 200: eCFR - Code of Federal Regulations (UG)
- COFAR Frequently Asked Questions
- COFAR Website
- UG Interim Joint Final Rule - listing of UG technical corrections on pages 75878 through 75889. UG will be updated for these technical corrections at a later date.
- NSF Proposal & Award Policies & Procedures Guide
- UG Interim Joint Final Rule - posting of each Federal agency's implementation plan. Out for public comment until 2/17/15.
- Under Development - Current ISU policies, guidelines, and practices should continue to be followed until updated ISU documents are issued.